Hello,

I want to use pom.xml files for my project with 2 different names:
pom.xml and pom2.xml.
In order to select wich one to execute/use I use -f <pom-name> like this:

mvn -f pom2.xml deploy

Using this aproach I've encountered some problems in 2 scenarios:

1. If both pom.xml and pom2.xml exist when running the install phase,
altough I've specified -f pom2.xml, maven is still using 'pom.xml'
when installing my jar in .m2: output looks like this:

installing .../project/pom.xml ..../.m2/.../project/artifact-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

it should be:
installing .../project/pom2.xml ..../.m2/.../project/artifact-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

but because it finds pom.xml it passes this phase, and when it reaches
deploy phase it gives this error:

deploy failed: Cannot add two different pieces of metadata for:
project dvh.web.sockets.push.server:webSocketsPushServerCommon

2. If I have just one pom file but with a different name (for eg.
pom2.xml) it doesn't pass the install phase, because it searches for
pom.xml not for pom2.xml (so it appears that 'mvn -f otherPomName.xml'
doesn't work for install phase).

Am I missing something here? Or is just a bug?

P.S. Don't ask me why I want to use 2 pom files, if anyone encountered
this situation and knows how to deal with it, help will be much
appreciated :)