Hi,

On 10/5/15 6:19 PM, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
I am trying to use the following:

    mvn -V -B release:update-versions -DdevelopmentVersion=1.2.3.4-SNAPSHOT

and it keeps coming back with the following:

      [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:update-versions

First you are using an ancient version of the maven-release-plugin[2]....you should define the version by using a pluginManagement in a corporate pom file...

(default-cli) on project FUBAR: Missing required setting: scm connection or
developerConnection must be specified.

We do not use the maven scm plugin.  The POMs are all checked out locally
on my system, and ready for editing.  So why is it complaining about the
scm connection and developerConnection ?

I tried to google and read the documents, but I am most likely missing
someting in my interpretation of things.

You have to define the scm connection[1] information into your pom's:

for example like this:

<scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:http://127.0.0.1/svn/my-project</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:https://127.0.0.1/svn/my-project</developerConnection>
</scm>

If you like to use maven-release-plugin you have to define those informations in the pom file.

[1]: https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#SCM
[2]: http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise