Hi,

On 10/5/15 7:51 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
Hi Michael,

michael.ctr.taru...@faa.gov wrote:

My apology about part of this reply.  I did not understand part of your
suggestion.

I thought you were saying 3.0.5 is the latest release.

That said, I don't see how using the latest release or an older release
makes any difference.

I have a requirement to use 3.1.1 from a COTS product vendor, so that is
probably not an option.  And "bogus" is just not a good enough explanation
for me.  What specifically is wrong with what I am doing that does not
work in this release?

I just cite my original mail:

IIRC you have problems with 3.1.x when using dependencies with import
scope, because it ignores then your settings then for transitive
deps declaring their own repository in the POM.

AFAICS, you are using dependencyManagement with dependencies declared with
scope "import"".

The given pom does not contain any dependencyManagement...so it does simply plays not a role here...Apart from that import scope means only to use the dependencyManagement part and nothing else as described in the documentation...so it does not ignore it nor is it wrong...

See the original documentation https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html.

so this is NOT a problem in contrary it is exactly working as it should be...Apart from using repository definition in a pom is a bad practice...But this is a different story...