Hi,

I have a few Maven projects that use svn:externals to link to code and/or
resources stored in different paths in our Subversion repository.
Compiling, packaging, deploying etc, works fine; even creating releases
with m-release-p (release:prepare && release:perform).

The svn:externals I'm actually using refer to files / folders in the
trunk, not fixed versions. Example:

^/trunk/projectA/fileA fileA

Therefore, when you check out a tagged release created with m-release-p
somewhere in the future, the checked out files could be different compared
to the time the release was created. To prevent this, I'm actually
manually changing the svn:externals definition in the tagged release to
reference fixed versions of the desired files/folders after m-release-p is
finished:

-r<rev> ^/trunk/projectA/fileA fileA

Is there a way to automate this?

According to the release notes of Subversion 1.9, there's a new option
"--pin-externals" available for "svn copy". Is it possible to use that? If
yes, how can I do this?
I've also found this plugin here:
https://github.com/MartinMReed/maven-svn-plugin

What do you think?