----- Original Message ----- From: "Sascha-Matthias Kulawik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Maven Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:31 AM
Subject: RE: Including util:properties does not work for subprojects

> I've a project using multiproject and the reactor, in the main
> maven.xml file is a referenced build.properties like
>
> <util:properties file="../standards/build.properties"/>
>
> which referrs a properties file with some standard values, like
> repository path for example. This works fine in normal
projects, but
> in the multiproject a subproject won't recognize the
properties - in
> my project it won't find the referenced jars because there
aren't at
> ibiblio and the property was not readed.
>
> Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

I assume not. You have to take into account, that the working
directory is, where you've started Maven. So I assume, that
you are at a different directory level. Help youself with
something like:

<util:properties
file="${maven.multiproject.basedir}/../standards/build.properties"/>

Thank you, but it won't work. The util:properties is written into the main maven.xml, there I shouldn't change it, i assume. Adding this util:properties to the subproject wont work as well.

Any other suggestions?

What you're saying is that the properties aren't being inherited by subprojects, like normal properties that are defined directly in the project.properties file...thats what you're saying right? I've seen the same thing..