Hi.

I have a doubt about profiles in settings file.

It’s said in the documentation that if I use *-P!nexus* in the command line
to build my project maven will not use the nexus profile but, I’ve done
that and it always uses that profile although it says “ nexus profile is
not activated because it doesnt exist”

This nexus profile is created in my ~/.m2/settings.xml

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";    xsi:schemaLocation="
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd";>
    <servers>
        <server>
            <id>nexus</id>
            <username>xxx</username>
            <password>zzzz</password>
            <configuration>
                <wagonProvider>httpclient</wagonProvider>
                <httpConfiguration>
                    <all>
                        <usePreemptive>true</usePreemptive>
                    </all>
                </httpConfiguration>
            </configuration>
         </server>
    </servers>
    <mirrors>
        <mirror>
            <id>nexus</id>
            <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
            <url>https://repo.int.xxxx.com/nexus/content/groups/public/
</url>
        </mirror>
    </mirrors>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>nexus</id>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>central</id>
                    <url>http://central</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>
            </repositories>
            <pluginRepositories>
                <pluginRepository>
                    <id>central</id>
                    <url>http://central</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </pluginRepository>
            </pluginRepositories>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
    <activeProfiles>
        <!--make the profile active all the time -->
        <activeProfile>nexus</activeProfile>
    </activeProfiles>
</settings>

This is the settings we have to use to build our company code, but if I
want to build Apache Camel e.g. this doesnt work as some artifacts are not
in maven central, hence the nexus repo of the company has no endpoint to
it....so to succeed I had to rename the settings.xml file.

Is there any I can put in my "mvn build -Dtest=false" to compile Camel, to
not use that profile ?

Thank you.

[image: Inline image 2]

* Jonathan Vila    ** <https://www.twitter.com/jonathan_vila>