Dear all,

I have an automated procedure to obtain a (possibly changing) number of
non-maven dependencies (jars). I want to use the maven-install-plugin to
automatically install them as maven artifacts into the local or an
in-project repository.

I do not want to maintain manually install-file/ execution directives in
my POM. Are there best practices for such a scenario? I searched a
little and found hints at two approaches:

a) generation of maven-install-plugin execution directives in a
(separate) POM.

b) side-stepping using Maven Ant Plugin and the artifact:install task.

as for a) what are recommended code/markup generation techniques in
maven (without a full-blown template-based generator such as xtend or
the like)?

as for b) how can I use the artifact:install task based on ant file
patterns ...?

Any other ideas?

Stefan