On 10-05-16 16:12, michael.ctr.taru...@faa.gov wrote:
When attempting to build with Maven from Eclipse I am getting the following
error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on
project camel-activemq: Fatal error compiling: tools.jar not found:
C:\Dev\Java\jre1.8.0_51\..\lib\tools.jar -> [Help 1]

I'm confused about why the plugin is looking in the JRE for tools.jar, when
this JAR exists in the JDK.

I think the eclipse maven plugin uses the JVM that eclipse is running in, so you need to specify either a specific JDK or run eclipse in a JDK VM (this is configured in eclipse.ini if I recall correctly)

(or -not recommended- specify a specific compiler in your pom/compiler plugin)

-M