I came from the checkstyle mailing list :). They say, they can basically check
anything thrown
at them. And the pom is just an XML file that I would like to check for
specific line endings.
So what I'm seeking for is a special option in the maven checkstyle plugin to
check files
outside of the normal maven scope (sources, resources).