Hi everyone,

For those who just can't get enough Maven BOM goodness, here are a couple
of threads in my community (SciJava/ImageJ/Fiji) where we are discussing
the impact these changes will have for us:

* http://forum.imagej.net/t/maven-3-4-0-may-break-imagej-
and-fiji-project-builds/2471/2
* http://forum.imagej.net/t/split-boms-from-parent-configuration/2563

The second link in particular details how we will need to change our base
POM structure to avoid "version clashes" caused when extending a parent POM
while importing another BOM when both manage the same component.

If anyone in the Maven community here has the time, interest and stamina to
read it and offer their thoughts and suggestions, I would greatly
appreciate it.

One nuance I do not discuss is how importing a BOM under the new scheme now
resolves all version properties, such that overriding them in the consuming
POM has no effect anymore. I still feel this is a bug (or at least
undesired quality) of the new approach.

Regards,
Curtis

--