> -----Original Message-----
> From: Manfred Moser [mailto:manf...@simpligility.com]
> Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 1:35 PM
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Comparing specifying repositories in pom vs. settings.xml?
>
> http://blog.sonatype.com/2009/02/why-putting-repositories-in-your-poms-
> is-a-bad-idea/

The point about open-source projects is well-taken.  I would never specify
repositories in a POM for a public project.

The section about "Enterprise" just seems odd to me.  It seems very focused on
"central", when that might not be the case at all.  We use many open-source
projects, but those aren't very volatile.  We use dozens of internal artifacts,
and there isn't a lot of doubt about what repos to get particular kinds of
artifacts from.  I find build repeatability more important (specifying all
requirements in the build script).  The requirement about "generally will want
all your developers using the same set of repositories" is pretty important to
me, but the recommended solution just seems counterproductive.  Specifying it
in the POM for the project seems to be the most direct way to ensure that.