I've been fixing and closing quite some issues for the maven-compiler-plugin lately. There are still 2 categories with several issues: incremental builds and annotation processing. It's too much to fix for 3.6.0 (Java 9 prep-release), but we should have a good look at all these issues for a next release.

Robert