Trying to convert an old project from using ant to maven; having
issues getting off the ground.  I've gone through the sonatype
maven-by-example but am pretty confused.

Starting with just a piece which will be its own project.
I want to generate a project which uses jaxb during the compile/build
phase; in ant I had to make my own ant task for one step.

Searching the central repository to find a jaxb archetype, I am
guessing com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb should work.

I tried to get a simple jaxb project laid out using

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.sun.xml.bind
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=jaxb

The generator came back with the full list of 1750 archetypes,
so I filtered using com.sun:
and got a short list with no com.sun.xml archetypes.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong here?

Questions:

1.  Is com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb what I want for an archetype?
2.  What's wrong with the above mvn command to generate the project?
3.  Pointers to how to convert a custom ant task into a maven goal?

Thanks for any and all clues,

Gary