Thanks; yeah, I understand--maybe I don't actually--that there are certain
Maven plugin annotations that get converted into the XML descriptor.  But
what about line 52 and following in the link you sent:

   1. @Component( role = MyComponentExtension.class,
   2. hint = "..." )
   3. private MyComponent component;

Shouldn't that be replaced with JSR-330?  Very confused; sorry!

Best,
Laird