________________________________
From: Robert Patrick <robert.patr...@oracle.com>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 5:34 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: dll hell

Since you mentioned DLLs in the subject, I assume this is Windows.

Is the %JAVA_HOME%/jre/bin directory (where jpeg.dll lives) in the PATH?

MG>%JAVA_HOME%/jre/bin is on the path and %JAVA_HOME%/jre/bin on
java.library.path

                                        String mPath =
"C:\\Java\\JDK1.8\\jre\\bin";
        String langKey = "java.library.path" ;
        System.setProperty ( langKey, mPath );
MG>verified by successful System.load("JDK1.8/jre/bin/jpeg.dll")

MG>C:\MAVEN-~1\MA095B~1\APACHE~1>dir %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\jpeg.dll
MG> Directory of C:\Java\jdk1.8\jre\bin
MG>   05/03/2015  07:05 PM           185,768 jpeg.dll

MG> /** Sets up per-writer native structure and returns a pointer to it. */
MG>    private native long initJPEGImageWriter();

MG>which causes:
MG>Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
JPEGImageWriter.initJPEGImageWriter()J

MG>openjdk suggests re-making the jpeg.dll with USE_SYSTEM_JPEG=true directive
MG>https://marc.info/?l=openjdk-distro-pkg-dev&m=136573001932634&w=2

MG>i read somewhere that JNIEXPORT needs to be declared for each function in
the C dll for jpeg.dll
MG>At present i dont know how to to reverse engineer jpeg.dll to add JNIEXPORT
signature for these functions