Hi Nir

  Thanks for your feedback.
  I admit that I really hate when the property name is different than the
configuration parameter but it seems properly defined in the doc :

*allowTimestampedSnapshots:*
Whether to allow timestamped SNAPSHOT dependencies. Default is to fail when
finding any SNAPSHOT.

   - *Type*: boolean
   - *Since*: 2.0-beta-7
   - *Required*: No
   - *User Property*: ignoreSnapshots
   - *Default*: false

http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#allowTimestampedSnapshots

You have to use
<allowTimestampedSnapshots>true</allowTimestampedSnapshots> in the plugin
configuration but -DignoreSnapshots=true in command line in that case

Regards

PS : I moved the discussion to the user dev mailing list where you receive
more help than directly from few commiters

--

Arnaud