I doubt there is very much you can remove. The Maven installation just
includes the basic features to perform the core features of a build, then
additional plugins are downloaded as needed to do specific tasks during the
build steps. I think that you could reduce the size by removing the color
logging support (jansi).

Please keep in mind that Maven will (typically) download A LOT of artifacts
during the build. So the 9MB of Maven core is not your main concern if you
want to keep the total size down.

/Anders