Hi Andreas,

DependencyResolver is indeed the correct class to use.
Any of the overloaded methods will do: When you have the dependecy, you can use it directly. In other cases use DependableCoordinate, which represents an instance that can contain dependencies.
That can either be a MavenProject, Dependency or Plugin.

To control the scope you need to specify a filter, in your case the ScopeFilter[1]

This should be the information you were looking for,
Robert

[1] https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-common-artifact-filters/apidocs/org/apache/maven/shared/artifact/filter/resolve/ScopeFilter.html