As part of the build process, I create an nginx reverse proxy docker image
using docker-maven-plugin.

I run debian's apt-get package manager to install a few unix tools into the
nginx docker image.

However I'm working behind a corporate proxy server that demands a
username:password. I have a service account with a password and for the last
couple of days, I had this in a config file in my source code which is then
used to build the docker image.

For security, I don't want to check this in to our code repo.

The service account is already stored in the settings.xml proxy info on the CI
server, but if I try to grab this info during the build with
${settings.proxies.ci-server-proxy.username}, I get null.

Is there another way?