MG>this is a helpful link to implement "deploy your war to Tomcat via
tomcat-maven-plugin"

https://www.mkyong.com/maven/how-to-deploy-maven-based-war-file-to-tomcat/

How to deploy Maven based war file to Tomcat -
Mkyong<https://www.mkyong.com/maven/how-to-deploy-maven-based-war-file-to-tomcat/>
www.mkyong.com
In this tutorial, we will show you how to use Maven-Tomcat plugin to package
and deploy a WAR file to Tomcat, both in Tomcat 6 and 7. This example shows you
how to ...

MG>this *assumes* uptodate artifact jars from <dependencies> are pre-installed
to repository(your local repository)