> On May 18, 2018, at 3:30 PM, Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Am 2018-05-17 um 15:12 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> > Hello maven guys,
> >
> > Over on commons we’ve been writing our own release-plugin
>
> What is wrong with the current Maven Release Plugin and why are you writing
> your own whereas we could improve the current one, can't we?

We are trying to fit the Apache release paradigm where we are dealing with
assemblies that we don’t want to deliver to Nexus. Further we are publishing
the site up to our dev dist area for comparison with RC validation. We could
contribute it back to the release plugin, but I’m not sure if it’s sufficiently
general. Thoughts?

-Rob