Hi all,

TL;DR – why isn’t a flag in the Maven assembly Plugin allowing to skip POMs
with packaging “pom” ?

I have a question about using the Maven assembly Plugin.

We have a parent POM, called “super-parent”, which is being used as a parent to
all of our projects. It includes all of the dependencies & the maven assembly
plugin, set to create a tar.gz.

One of its children the “runtime-super-parent”, which all of the other projects
use as a parent, and it has “pom” as packaging type, as required. Now, even
though we don’t need it, the assembly plugin creates a tar.gz to this POM as
well, taking a lot of space in our repositories.

The logical thing to me was to have a flag allowing us to exclude the pom
packaged projects from the plugin, hence the name “pom” packaging.

Is there any way to achieve this? I haven’t found one.

Thanks in advance,
Ben