Hello,

I keep getting this exception from maven when building a maven plugin:

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3411
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.annotations.scanner.DefaultMojoAnnotationsScanner.scanFile(DefaultMojoAnnotationsScanner.java:139)
        at
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.annotations.scanner.DefaultMojoAnnotationsScanner.scan(DefaultMojoAnnotationsScanner.java:85)
        at
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.annotations.JavaAnnotationsMojoDescriptorExtractor.scanAnnotations(JavaAnnotationsMojoDescriptorExtractor.java:125)
        at
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.annotations.JavaAnnotationsMojoDescriptorExtractor.execute(JavaAnnotationsMojoDescriptorExtractor.java:104)
        at
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.scanner.DefaultMojoScanner.populatePluginDescriptor(DefaultMojoScanner.java:108)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.AbstractGeneratorMojo.execute(AbstractGeneratorMojo.java:233)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.DescriptorGeneratorMojo.execute(DescriptorGeneratorMojo.java:92)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
        ... 21 more

I have no idea what ”3411” means. If it is some error code it is not
documented. I actually get no hits when googling on ”maven error codes”.

The relevant parts of the plugin looks like this:

@Mojo(name="doc", defaultPhase = LifecyclePhase.GENERATE_SOURCES)
public class MarkdownDocMavenPlugin extends AbstractMojo {

    /**
     * Provides the options for which generator to run.
     */
    @Parameter
    private GeneratorOptions generatorOptions;

    /**
     * Provides the options for the HTMLGenerator. These are only relevant if
     * generatorOptions.generator == "html".
     */
    @Parameter
    private HTMLGeneratorOptions htmlGeneratorOptions;

    /**
     * Provides the options for the MarkdownGenerator. These are only relevant
if
     * generatorOptions.generator == "md".
     */
    @Parameter
    private MarkdownGeneratorOptions mdGeneratorOptions;

    /**
     * Provides the options for the PDFGenerator. These are only relevant if
     * generatorOptions.generator == "pdf".
     */
    @Parameter
    private PDFGeneratorOptions pdfGeneratorOptions;

    /**
     * The projects base directory.
     */
    @Parameter(property = "${basedir}”)    private String baseDir;

…
    /**
     * Executes this mojo.
     *
     * @throws MojoExecutionException on bad config and other failures.
     */
    public void execute() throws MojoExecutionException {
    }
…

(The formatting got slightly screwed on paste above. )

The following dependencies for maven plugin is used:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
    <version>3.0</version>
</dependency>

<!-- dependencies to annotations -->
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugin-tools</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-plugin-annotations</artifactId>
    <version>3.4</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

So what I’m I missing here that triggers the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException ?
I’m building with maven 3.3.9.

I googled, googled, and googled, but found no answers. I’m hoping someone can
explain this. My only other alternative is to go back to javadoc annotations
and build with maven 3.0.5.

Thanks!
Tommy Svensson