Hi maven-users,

it seems this issue was last discussed almost 10 years ago but despite
reading the docs and the email lists there is still an issue with
distribution management that I don't understand.

I do not wish to declare our company's internal release and snapshot
repositories in pom files which are versioned, and I can't put the xml in
the settings.xml.

I only see two alternatives:

 - I declare the distributionManagement xml for my team in a parent pom
which I deploy on an updateable repository where we do not have to increment
the version

 - I provide everybody with the command line script snippet to do the deploy
manually

Both of these alternatives have drawbacks.

If there is another way of keeping the distributionManagement out of the
versioned poms?

If not, why don't I understand the paradigm? It makes little sense to me
that a change in the environment (the repository URLs) should force a
version change in all projects under development.

Regards
Adam

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html