Add them as compile scoped dependencies. The JRE implementation will be picked up first, so there should be no issues here. AFAIK this is what the jigsaw team suggests to do. (this is actually not a buildtool specific issue but a general Java issue)

thanks,
Robert

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 01:21:52 +0200, Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net> wrote:

And in addition to Jörgs Questions, do we also have a canonical representation which replacements are actually preferred in ASL land?

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

________________________________
Von: Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, September 14, 2018 1:16 AM
An: users@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Java 11 and java.xml.bin, etc.

Hi,

now with Java 11 not containing several jave.ee modules, what's the best
approach for a library that supports still Java 8? I guess profiles based
on the current Java version declaring the missing stuff as dependency are
a bad idea. Should a library developer add the new dependencies
nevertheless with compile/runtime scope or as provided or optional to move
the responsibility to the library users? What do you recommend?

Cheers,
Jörg