I wasn't even aware that surefire had such a functionnality. I even do not
understand why it does.
If you want to do unit tests I would suggest you to use a real unit test
framework like junit, testng, ...
IMHO surefire should just be an orcherstrator and should not provide
functionnalities to replace a unit test framework.

Unfortunately it does not help you that much on this POJO test topic.

Matthieu