This is probably mindnumbingly obvious and my google and SO skills are
horrible but here goes....

I'm working on a complex project with multiple tiers of modules. In some
cases I want to build one module, plus its dependencies (-am), and upload
it to a server via a REST call. I didn't have a problem writing the maven
plugin with a hard-coded path. Or I'll want to build several related
modules and upload all of them.

I want to be able to upload a path relative to the module I'm building. I
haven't written a plug-in to dump all system properties and environment
variables yet so it's probably something as simple as, the pom.xml
properties, e.g., $project.name, also being available as system properties.
But it's not documented and I'm paranoid about things that aren't
documented since they often change without warning.

So:

1. is that the case?

2. is there a reason the "write a custom maven plugin" pages don't mention
it early and often, at least on the page that discusses how to get
information from your custom plugin's configuration stanza?

... a related question. If one plugin sets a system property, e.g., that
'buildId' I mentioned earlier, will it be visible to all of the other maven
plugins during that run? Even if the build is multi-threaded? In this case
there would be one custom plugin that generates the build id and uploads
the artifact but it would set a value that could then be used by other
plugins during the build. Basically a -Dname=value, but doing it via a
plugin instead of the command line.

Thanks,

Bear