Von: Hervé BOUTEMY
Gesendet: Samstag, 8. Dezember 2018 01:51
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Crashes while running "Maven In Five Minutes"

Thank you for the report: yes, this should be improved to work in current
latest version of everything

I updated the command line to use version 1.3 of maven-archetype-quickstart,
which is the latest version and compiles with Java 7 target.

Unfortunately, when build with Java 11, the build now fails during tests with
a known NPE issue: we need a new version of the archetype with updated maven-
surefire-plugin versions that has this issue fixed (I just created
MARCHETYPES-63 [1] to track the fix)...

Once the version 1.4 of the archetype will be released, we'll have to update
the documentation.

While waiting the updated archetype, don't hesitate to use the "edit" button
in the breadcrumb and provide a Pull Request to explain about the current
failure with Java 11 that will be fixed soon...