change your dependency version to SNAPSHOT, and you'll be set.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Bansal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:37 AM
To: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: I am surprised that no one replied to the question I posted
yesterday!!

Guys,

 I posted this message yesterday and I have not heard from anyone. Does
that
mean Maven DOES NOT have any solution to my *simple* problem?

I have the following structure (my project is creating an eclipse plugin
for
xml editor) :

myProject
  com.abc.def.A
  com.abc.def.B
  com.abc.def.C
  com.abc.def.D
  com.abc.def.E
  com.abc.def.F

There are interdependencies among the projects.
They all produce jar files.

A depends on B, C and D
B depends on E

consequently I would to first build E, then B, C and D. Finally I would
like
Maven to build A

The depenedency as declared in the project file of project A is as

        <dependency>
            <groupId>myProject</groupId>
            <artifactId>com.abc.def.B</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>myProject</groupId>
            <artifactId>com.abc.def.C</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>myProject</groupId>
            <artifactId>com.abc.def.D</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

I DO NOT want maven to search for the com.abc.def.C-1.0.jar or
com.abc.def.B-1.0.jar in the maven repository in order to build
com.abc.def.A-1.0.jar.

I want maven to first build project E, then B and then build project C,
and finally A.
I want maven to figure this out dynamically, figuring it out from
dependency
File that it should first build project B and for that it will have to
first
build project E(just as Ant does, using depends target, or the sequence
of
execution)

Adam Fisk suggested that calling multiproject:install does it
automatically,
but it does not work. Everytime it looks for the *.B-1.0.jar or
*.C-1.0.jar
to be there in my repository and complains when it does not find those
jar
files.

Please help.

Sachin