Hi, the documentation for dependencyReducedPomLocation says:
"Where to put the dependency reduced pom. Note: setting a value for
this parameter with a directory other than ${basedir} will change the
value of ${basedir} for all executions that come after the shade
execution. This is often not what you want. This is considered an open
issue with this plugin."

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/shade-mojo.html#dependencyReducedPomLocation

I created a small test project which performs a shade in the package
phase (with the dependencyReducedPomLocation set to the
${project.build.directory} and then I print the value (using
gmavenplus-plugin) of ${project.basedir} in the verify phase (which
comes after package as you know). I don't see that the value of
basedir has changed (which is good), is this part of the documentation
incorrect or is my test project wrong (i.e., did I misunderstood the
possibly undesirable side-effect to ${basedir} by setting
dependencyReducedPomLocation)?

You can find my test project here: https://github.com/masberg/mshadeissue

- Mikael