Von: Marco Schulz
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Februar 2019 21:40
An: users@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Confusion with Dependency Paths

Hey Dennis

Sorry for the late reply but I was all the day traveling by train and here in
Germany the railway companies don't know as well that internet still exist :-)

I checked your pom - you did some semantic mistakes. I am quite sure this file
is not generated by eclipse and heavy manually edited.
I attached you a change version. below I explain you a bit the entries.

As first please try to use as beginner the standard maven conventions about
directory structures

java files goes to: src/main/java - this passes the compiler
non java files like xml goes to: src/main/resources - maven put everything well
together

the output you will find in /target

I hope this helps you.

.regards
.marco

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";><http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd>;
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>KCBSEvents</groupId>
    <artifactId>KCBSEvents</artifactId>
    <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <!-- project type is missing -->
    <packaging>pom</packaging>

    <build>
        <!-- not a maven standard use the maven project layout - removed-->
        <!-- sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>src</directory>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
        </resources -->
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>3.7.0</version>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.7</source>
                    <target>1.7</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
            <version>2.5</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
            <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
            <version>4.5.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
            <artifactId>httpcore</artifactId>
            <version>4.4.10</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>