The problem with cyclic dependencies in Maven is that you cannot build
project A without having built project B, and you can't build project
B without having A. This means that you will have trouble
"bootstrapping" artifact generation of projects A and B in Maven. What
you can do, is to use, for instance, an Ide that supports cyclic
dependencies to generate the jar file for either project A or project
B to get you started, and then making sure you do not do parallell
development on project A and B without building a jar (SNAPSHOT) in
between (or you will get the same problem as before).

I would recommend, though, that you create a new project C that
depends on A and B, and put all the code from project A that depends
on B, and all the code from project B that depends on A in it. This
way you are free as a bird to do parallell development as you see fit.
Cyclic dependencies lead to much trouble, so if possible you should,
in my oppinion, try to avoid them.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Bent