Hi François,

I just checked, and the profile merging is perfectly happening.
If you run:
$ mvn -Papache-release
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin:3.2.0:effective-pom -Dverbose -N

you'll see the checksum-maven-plugin injected in plugins section

Perhaps what is confusing you is that you don't see the parent injection as
part of the profile itself: it's the way inheritance works in Maven, profiles
are injected into the pom before inheritance, then you never really see the
inherited profile itself.

Regards,

Hervé