Hi,

I am currently writing a Maven plugin that transforms some input file
set to some output file set and want to offer all the common goodies
like <includes>, <excludes>, and <fileMappers>.

Now I am wondering which utilities to use for this purpose. As far as I
can see, for scanning I could use

- DirectoryScanner from org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils
- DirectoryScanner from org.apache.maven.shared:maven-shared-utils
- FileSetManager from org.apache.maven.shared:file-management
- BuildContext.newScanner(...) from plexus-build-api 0.0.7(!)

For file-name mapping, on the other hand, I have found

- FileMapper from org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-io
- FileNameMapper from org.apache.maven.shared:file-management

With so many options available, I'm of course wondering which of them
are deprecated and what the preferred way is to accomplish this fairly
standard task. In particular, I am curious whether the BuildContext
approach is still current or obsolete.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Andreas