yes, that's a solution for the example I gave, but not what I'm looking for.
Let me give the real example:

config.properties
-----------------
servername.qa=qaServer
servername.prod=prodServer

maven.xml
---------
<u:properties var="props" file="config.properties"/>
<j:forEach var="prop" items="${props}">
  <ant:copy file="${basedir}/WEB-INF/web.xml"
            tofile="${build.dir}/WEB-INF/web.xml"
            overwrite="true">
    <ant:filterset>
      <ant:filter token="servername" value="${servername.${env}}"/>

actually, this is probably a bit much.  Is there a way to solve the original
example w/out modifying the <j:set> tags?

Thanks,
Ben