Hi Listers

I just converted a project over to polyglot yml poms. It is a new project
anyway, so it's really quite simple, just a parent pom and two child projects
and our team has been sharing it via git but nobody has packaged it or
installed the jars anywhere. We've just been testing stuff and that's it.

So I was surprised after converting the poms to yml that suddenly my IDE
couldn't build it anymore and started complaining that it couldn't find the
parent artifact in the local repo.

After tearing my hair out thinking I'd done something wrong, I figured I'd
prove that I can actually fork a maven project from git into my IDE without
needing to do a "mvn install" (which I actually can't do anyway because of this
bug).

I created the minimal viable directories and pom.xml files and it worked.

I then created the minimal viable pom.yml files and no deal.

[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
com.umusic.testing:test-child-1:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
com.umusic.testing:test-parent:pom:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT in
http://maven-repository.umpgapps.com:8082/nexus/content/groups/public was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of Nexus has elapsed or updates are forced and
'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @

While writing this email (rubber-ducking!) I noticed the tail end of the error
message about the wrong relative path.

So I added:

parent:
  relativePath: ../pom.yml

in the child projects' poms, and it worked.

In XML poms, no relativePath is required.

Thought I'd flag this one up.

Regards
Adam