Hello again (I'm active there today ;) ),

this time I'd like to tell you about a feature I would like, and maybe some
of you will have something to advise me.
I have to generate a report listing all my dependencies (and I have tooooooo
many !) and for each one I have to provide a little text telling why I chose
this library.
The best way I could imagine would be to have an optional < rationale /> tag
in the < dependency /> block in order to document this directly in the pom.
But to my knowledge this is not possible (maybe for the next version of the
pom format ?!). Then a simple plugin could generate directly a report.

For the moment, I have used the license-maven-plugin which lists all the
dependencies in an html file that I have manually edited to add the info.
But it is not future proof and I will have to do it again next time ! Is
there any plugin that would take as input both your dependencies and a file
containing the choice rationale (for each dependency GAV) and would generate
an html listing dependencies and their rationale ?

Have a good day !
François

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html