On 30.12.19 15:04, Henke, Zachary wrote:

Hello,

My name is Zach Henke and I work at Verisign. I am currently receiving ERROR
403: Forbidden when attempting to access http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/
via linux server. On that same server, I am able to access the maven website
(http://maven.apache.org/) which indicates public internet access. I am able to
reach http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/ in browser from my local machine on
a different IP/network than the linux server.

This indicators implying more that you have to have a proxy access to
the central repository http://repo.maven.org/maven2/ which seemed to be
not given on the Linux machine....I suppose you have a proxy/firewall
issue...

Furthermore the questions is: Does your company has a repository manager
which is intended to download artifacts from central repository?

Accesses via browser are usually going through a proxy with particular
configurations in browsers...but the plain networks is something
different...

Can you simply ping:

ping repo.maven.apache.org

?

Can you do a:

nslookup repo.maven.apache.org ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

These points make me think there is a blacklist of IPs in front of the
maven repo causing the 403 Forbidden from the linux server. Anyone know
how to confirm my IP isn’t in a blacklist? Any other suggestions to
avoid the repo 403 issue would be great.

Can you give all details of the error message...in particular on command
line..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Thanks,