In this specific case, what causes the forking is the javadoc:aggregate
goal. That one is meant to be used on the command line. If you want to bind
it to a build phase, you should use javadoc:aggregate-no-fork.
Also, javadoc:aggregate forks a "mvn compile", which will trigger the
frontend:webpack (et al.) because they're bound by default to the
generate-resources phase (which is odd if you ask me). You may want to bind
the frontend plugin's goals to another phase, such as prepare-package.