On 2020/07/02 18:23:13, Piotr Żygieło <piotr.zygi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In plugin I only define executions (i.e. have no redefined includes),
> and test classes follow convention *IT (like SimpleIT).
 Thanks

> When I change my method to static I get similar result to your log:
>
> > [INFO] Running
> > org.odpi.openmetadata.accessservices.subjectarea.fvt.FVTConstants
> > [INFO] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> > 0.004 s - in
> > org.odpi.openmetadata.accessservices.subjectarea.fvt.FVTConstants
>
> - class is considered by failsafe but no test is discovered.

What is odd though is that the class 'GlossaryFVT' itself isn't showing up in
the Tests run line -- even with the includes in place. Yet other files like
'FVTContants' are. This I don't understand - before I get to the methods
(though once found, the static methods observation is very valuable. )

I can also rename that method as GlossaryIT - I did this (after the point
below) and the class isn't listed in the output - even with 0 tests (which is
what I'd expect if just the method name was wrong)

> Did you try to make test method in GlossaryFVT not static and run
> maven `verify -Dit.test=GlossaryFVT`? It shall not need/ignore
> includes configured.

Yes I did, but the run just includes

[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[INFO] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

So no mention of that class at all

> Note, that per
> http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/pojo-test.html
> - test method has to be named test* and it works fine.

Thanks, I did try test*, *test, IT*, and *IT ... since I know the default class
names were changed from surefire -> failsafe.. wasn't sure about the methods

However thanks -- I'll look through that example as I'd missed it..|

I also thought to check 'mvn help:effective-pom' but, as expected, I'm not
picking up any other failsafe related configuration.

> Piotrek
Thanks for trying :-)