MDEP-409 was fixed by passing reactor projects as the 3rd parameter
to dependencyGraphBuilder.buildDependencyGraph:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-dependency-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/dependency/tree/TreeMojo.java?r1=1791410&r2=1791409&pathrev=1791410

My plugin already have this. Right now old dependency:tree fails
but my plugin works.

But I don't think memory fails me, my plugin was failing.
Maybe it was caused by some state of the ~/.m2 directory.

Well, thank you. If I reproduce this again I will follow up.

Best regards,
- Anton