Rather than building a single artifact, our project builds many small
artifacts and them puts them together, along with many other file
resources, into a complex hierarchy.  This is then used by our installer
(IA6) to create our installed images.

I'm new to Maven, so I'm probably still approaching this problem with an
ANT mindset, rather than Maven.  Is there some Maven task to help in
this final step of our process (assembling the hierarchy), or is this the
right place to drop back to ANT scripting to finish the job?

TIA,