Hi, this is on RHEL8, trying to standardized on how we install Maven where I
work, so it's the same for each user.  Make it easy for setup and troubleshoot.

>From a RHEL8 workstation, I'm running the following command, as we have a
>repository to pull from:

dnf install maven -y

DNF pulls in all dependencies and installs successfully (we are sticking with
Red Hat packages as to keep things as simple as possible), as I can confirm
this with the following:

[user_a@rhel8-maven3 bin]$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.5.4 (Red Hat 3.5.4-5)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_282, vendor: Red Hat, Inc., runtime:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.282.b08-4.el8.x86_64/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "4.18.0-305.el8.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"
[user_a@rhel8-maven3 bin]$

However it didn't create a .m2 directory for any of the users.  Will this have
to be created manually?  Along with creating the settings.xml file?  I didn't
see anything in the documentation on how to create .m2.

Our end goal is to create an Ansible Playbook to automate this install as well
and want to have the correct steps.

Thanks