I just bumped the maven-compiler-plugin version on my project from 3.9.0 to
3.10.0 and it caused Windows-based builds to fail maven-bnd-plugin tests
for package-info files in the "wrong" directory.  The symptom looks to be
associated with the windows file separator.

Sample failure looks like:
[INFO] Compiling 386 source files to D:\a\oshi\oshi\oshi-core\target\classes
[INFO]
[INFO] --- bnd-maven-plugin:6.1.0:bnd-process (default) @ oshi-core ---
Error:  D:\a\oshi\oshi\oshi-core\pom.xml [0:0]: Classes found in the wrong
directory:
{oshi/jna/platform/unix/package-info.class=oshi\jna\platform\unix\package-info,
oshi/driver/unix/solaris/disk/package-info.class=oshi\driver\unix\solaris\disk\package-info,
oshi/hardware/platform/mac/package-info.class=oshi\hardware\platform\mac\package-info,
oshi/software/os/package-info.class=oshi\software\os\package-info,
oshi/software/os/linux/package-info.class=oshi\software\os\linux\package-info,
... (many more)

While the failure is in another plugin, is it possible something in this PR
didn't handle the change?
 [MCOMPILER-205] Add a boolean to generate missing package-info classes by
default by gnodet · Pull Request #88 · apache/maven-compiler-plugin
(github.com) <https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/88/files>

I've looked over the code and don't see anything obvious there.

I do have package-info files in all my packages so new ones should not have
been generated, but it seems new ones may have.

Full test run here:  Bump maven-compiler-plugin from 3.9.0 to 3.10.0 ·
oshi/oshi@471641b (github.com)
<https://github.com/oshi/oshi/runs/5184078693?check_suite_focus=true>

--
Dan Widdis