Hi,

I’ve been encountering Maven warnings like these for years from time to time:

----
WARN: zip file is empty:
/Users/username/.m2/repository/com/example/example-artifact/1.2.3/example-artifact-1.2.3.jar
java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty
----

I know that when I encounter this I can just delete the file and run Maven
again and then it’ll generally download ok, but recently I’ve been getting
questions from a lot of colleagues with this issue. I was wondering: would it
make sense for Maven to assume that an empty JAR file was not downloaded
correctly and try re-downloading it automatically?

Nils.