David Karr <davidmichaelk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a bunch of services running Spring Boot 2.3.12, which by default
> uses junit-platform 1.6.3 and junit-jupiter 5.6.3.
>
> We are trying to instead use junit-platform 1.8.2 and junit-jupiter 5.8.2.
> All the artifacts and versions we need are in junit-bom-5.8.2.
>
> We want to control this in our parent pom(s), as we have dozens of similar
> services all using the same parent pom.

Spring Boot dependencies for version 2.3.12.RELEASE
(https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.springframework.boot/spring-boot-dependencies/2.3.12.RELEASE/pom)
 sets the junit-jupiter.version property to 5.6.3, but you can override that
property in your own project.

I would consider upgrading to a more recent version of Spring Boot, because
2.3.x reached end of OSS support on May 20, 2021
(https://spring.io/projects/spring-boot#support). Spring Boot 2.7.0
(https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.springframework.boot/spring-boot-dependencies/2.7.0/pom)
 comes with JUnit Jupiter 5.8.2 by default.

Nils.