Hi there,

my company is building Java projects with a customised folder structure not
directly following the Maven standard directory structure (“src/main/java” and
“src/test/java”) but the Eclipse Java structure (“src” and “src-test”).

I try to create an archetype for our own projects following the archetype
packaging: https://maven.apache.org/archetype/archetype-packaging/

It works all fine except that maven always adds some main/java and test/java
folders into my source folders.

My archetype ressources are

archetype-resources/
├─ META-INF/
│  ├─ MANIFEST.MF
├─ OSGI-INF/
├─ src/
│  ├─ Demo.java
├─ src-test/
│  ├─ DemoTest.java
├─ .classpath
├─ .project
├─ build.properties
├─ pom.xml

The archetype.metadata has this filesSets

<fileSets>
            <fileSet filtered="true" packaged="true">
                <directory>src</directory>
            </fileSet>
            <fileSet filtered="true" packaged="true">
                <directory>src-test</directory>
            </fileSet>
            <fileSet filtered="true"> <!-- main ressources such as about.html
-->
            <includes>
                    <include>*</include> <!-- take everything on first
hierarchy level -->
            </includes>
            <directory></directory>
            </fileSet>
</fileSets>

The resulting directory structure is:

archetype-resources/
├─ META-INF/
│  ├─ MANIFEST.MF
├─ OSGI-INF/
├─ src/
│  ├─ mypackage/
│  │  ├─ Demo.java
│  ├─ main/
│  │  ├─ java/
│  ├─ test/
│  │  ├─ java/
├─ src-test/
│  ├─ mypackage/
│  │  ├─ DemoTest.java
├─ .classpath
├─ .project
├─ build.properties
├─ pom.xml
So it’s all fine except these empty main/java and test/java folders in the src
folder. Any way how to change this?
In plain maven I could add the sourceDirectory and unittestSourceDirectory to
the build-section. But this cannot be set in the archetype.metadata file.

Is there any way how to omit the pom.xml in the target project? Eclipse typcho
maven plugin allows a pomless-build that does not require poms in the single
projects.

Cheers,
Hauke

Please see our data privacy policy:
https://www.scheidt-bachmann.de/en/data-privacy/
Important Notice: This E-Mail and any files attached are confidential and may
contain privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not forward or disclose this E-Mail,
open any attachments, make any copies or save this E-Mail anywhere.
Please delete this E-Mail from your system and notify the sender (as applicable
also by phone +49 2166 266-0). Thank you very much.

To send this email we must process the following personal data: Your email
address, first name and surname.
Your data is processed solely for the purpose of sending this email and passed
on to third parties only for this purpose.
You have been included in the circle of recipients for our emails due to your
professional, social or political position. If this position changes, or you
inform us that you do not want to receive emails from us, or you object to the
further processing of your data, we will delete your data and no longer use it.