> The only problem of having both is redundancy :)

Technically speaking, you always have an automatic module name even if you
don't explicitly name it.  It will use your jar filename to deduce one.
Unless you use a reserved word in your jar, and then the world breaks. __

On 7/18/22, 11:07 PM, "Maxim Solodovnik" <solomax...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Thanks for the answer Daniel :)

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 13:03, Daniel Widdis <wid...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I think you're asking on the right list.  And it's not a "basic" question
but it isn't an obvious answer either.

    > I'm not sure your question has enough detail for anyone to deduce the
answer.  Linking to your project may help you get more attention on it.

    > FWIW, I have both an automatic module name and module-info in my modular
projects and it doesn't cause any problems, but that's clearly not your problem.

    The only problem of having both is redundancy :)
    (and they should be in-sync)

    everything works as expected in case `Automatic-Module-Name` is in manifest

    I'll try to create simple project to illustrate the problem :)

    > On 7/18/22, 10:55 PM, "Maxim Solodovnik" <solomax...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >     Hello,
    >
    >     Is the question too basic?
    >     Or maybe I'm asking wrong list? :)
    >
    >     On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 15:41, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
wrote:
    >     >
    >     > Hello All,
    >     >
    >     > I'm trying to migrate our project to JPMS
    >     > After adding module-info.java to my modules (and removing explicitly
    >     > set `Automatic-Module-Name`)
    >     > I'm getting:
    >     >
    >     > [INFO] --- maven-javadoc-plugin:3.4.0:javadoc-no-fork (default)
    >     > [ERROR] Creating an aggregated report for both named and unnamed
    >     > modules is not possible.
    >     > [ERROR] Ensure that every module has a module descriptor or is a jar
    >     > with a MANIFEST.MF containing an Automatic-Module-Name.
    >     >
    >     > I thought `Automatic-Module-Name` should be added only if
    >     > `module-info.java` is missing
    >     > Is it bug in maven-javadoc-plugin or maybe I'm doing something
wrong? :)
    >     >
    >     > java 17
    >     > Apache Maven 3.8.5