Hi,

in the past we have used a Maven jar where we just placed a
src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml which did override the called
goals for different types resp. even created new types (e.g. a
spring-boot-jar). We included this jar as `extension` in the `build` section of
our company pom. This allowed us to easily enforce execution of e.g.
failsafe:verify for JARs, WARs and SPRING-BOOT-JARs while excluding this for
POMs.

With
https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/6c7d105916bb288b1f0f7010035c718f16e11240#diff-e56beaf8ffd2642855c03d4bbcc8bd7a33a4e50582b8bd540b3bea6aee63f683
 the old XML structures are gone and replaced by Java classes.

Is it possible to somehow override/replace the existing standard
JarLifecycleMappingProvider, PomLifecycleMappingProvider and
WarLifecycleMappingProvider without patching the Maven distribution?

Best Regards
Mirko