in fact i don't think it works at all. tried using it like
-Dexec.additionalClasspathElements and doesn't work. i notice the
documentation only says:
Additional elements to be appended to the classpath.
for rest of the options the documentation also says:
*User property is*: exec.arguments.
to give an example.